1. Recording and processing of data in connection with access over the Internet
- IP address of the requesting processor
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the downloaded file
- Volume of data transmitted
- Indication whether download was successful
- Data identifying the browser software and operating system
- Web site from which our site was accessed
- Name of your Internet service provider
4. Consent to use data in other contexts
The use of certain services on our website, such as newsletters or discussion forums, may re-quire prior registration and involves a more substantial processing of personal data, such as longer-term storage of e-mail addresses, user IDs and passwords. We use such data only insofar as it has been sent to us by you in person and you have given us your express prior consent for this use. For example, we request your consent separately in the following cases:
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft implements technical and organizational security measures to safeguard stored personal data against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction and against access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously im-proved in line with technological progress.
9. Links to Web sites operated by other providers
Our Web pages may contain links to other providers’ Web pages. We would like to point out that this statement of data protection conditions applies exclusively to the Web pages managed by the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. We have no way of influencing the practices of other providers with respect to data protection, nor do we carry out any checks to ensure that they conform with the relevant legislation.
11. Acceptance, validity and modification of data protection conditions
By using our Web site, you implicitly agree to accept the use of your personal data as specified above. This present statement of data protection conditions came into effect on October 1st, 2013. As our Web site evolves, and new technologies come into use, it may become necessary to amend the statement of data protection conditions. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft reserves the right to modify its data protection conditions at any time, with effect as of a future date. We recommend that you reread the latest version from time to time.